BCA Course: The bachelor’s degree in Computer Application (BCA) is a three-year distance degree program. This program is designed to teach information technology-related concepts such as fundamentals & advanced understanding of IT, and programming. Learners who complete the degree in the BCA six-semester distance degree program can see a brilliant future in both the academic, and professional arenas.
An applicant will be required to pass at least 12th from the commerce stream to get admission to the BCA distance degree program in the ugc-approved institutions. Available institution or colleges for the BCA distance degree program admission includes Bharthidasan University, Chandigarh University, Dibrugarh University, etc. The average fee for the BCA ODL degree program is INR 40,200 to 60,300. Students can pay the program fee by using debit/credit’/net banking or any other option.
The BCA course in the distance is taught for four semesters. This course comprises core, and elective subjects followed by the final research project. A syllabus of the computer application program consists of the following subjects: modern operating environment, c programming, database management system, advanced java, software testing, python scripting, and more.
BCA degree allows individuals to provide solidity to their academic or educational background. The learners can proceed to pick up the courses from the following: Certificate in Java, PHP, Networking, PG Diploma Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, Computer Applications, etc. Mentioned course fees can be checked ahead in the article.
The completion of a BCA undergraduate degree from a recognized institute/university allows candidates to work in the following job profiles: Software Application Architect, Web Designer, System Analyst, Quality Assurance Engineer, etc. BCA-based professionals can earn a handsome salary package of 1.1 to 3.75 LPA.
One shall seek more information on the BCA distance education admission, fee, entrance test, duration, available universities, etc., ahead in the article.
BCA Course Highlights
|BCA Full Form||Bachelor of Computer Applications|
|BCA Course Fees||3 to 9 Lakh|
|Course Level||UG Degree|
|BCA Course Duration||3 years|
|Jobs After BCA||Software Developer, Technical Analyst, System Administrators, Programmer, Tech support and others|
|Recruiting Companies||Wipro, Infosys, NIIT, HCL, TCS, Accenture, Capgemini, and others|
|Salary After BCA||Average 3.5 LPA|
|BCA Course Subjects||
What is BCA full form?
Numerous specializations are available in the BCA Course. Among the many courses offered are subjects like Network Systems, Internet Technologies, Computer Graphics, System Analysis, and Database Management System. BCA specializations can also include HTML, Java, C++, and many more.
BCA Course Details: An Overview
- Students need a 12th level qualification in the field of science or preferably computer application. At least 50% marks are required in the eligibility criteria.
- There are many colleges in India from where a BCA degree can be pursued. The average fee in such colleges ranges from INR 2 to INR 3 LPA.
- If any student desires to study BCA outside India from any foreign University, it will be mandatory to qualify for a language test including TOFEL, PTL, or IELTS. In addition to this, passing the GMAT or GRE will also be necessary.
- Websites such as edX, Coursera, and others are offering BCA in online mode.
- The syllabus of BCA is entirely composed of programming and networking. Some subjects in the BCA curriculum are computer networks, data structure, operating systems, hardware lab, client-server computing, UML, OOAD, etc.
- One can study MBA Information Management and MCA after completing BCA.
BCA Course Career Options:
Passed students in the Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Applications (BCA) can seek a career as mentioned below.
- After completing the BCA degree program, students shall have employment opportunities as a System Engineer.
- Proficient in the programming languages like Java, C, C++, LISP, C#, Python, PHP, R, or Julia can get decent and sound employment opportunities as a web developer in prominent organisations like TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Wipro.
The post completion of the BCA program will help individuals to make a career as a Database Engineer.
Why Study BCA After 12th?
- Every student may have a unique overview of the BCA program, but there are some common reasons to pursue BCA after 12th for such students, and some are listed below:
- This course is highly job-oriented not only in IT but in many other sectors.
- BCA is comparable with B-tech in many ways, but the difference here is the only duration for completing the two courses, which is three years for BCA and four years for B-Tech.
- Many institutes provide BCA degrees in computer science, data analytics, data science, and soon.
- This course provides you with the opportunity to make a robust career by joining a job after graduation or enrolling in an MCA program.
- Learners develop proficiency in widely-used programming languages like C++, Java, Python, Linux, CSS, and others while improving their technological expertise.
- A student with a BCA education is in short supply because the workforce is being substituted by technology and the need for highly skilled professionals and experts to function and operate.
- At the beginning of any profession, the salary for BCA graduates can be INR 240000 to INR 500000. The salary can be increased by 30 to 40 per cent after getting the experience in a related industry and can be in the range of INR 350000 to INR 800000.
Who Should Pursue BCA?
- It has been observed that a student who joins a specific field must have some skills and qualities related to that course. The students who are fit for this BCA course areas:
- Anyone willing to join the IT sector and become a professional in this industry is the right one to select this course.
- Students who have completed intermediate and want to continue their education at the undergraduate level and those who want to study MCA can study BCA to build their base.
- If anyone chooses to become a Data Analyst, Network Administrator, Software Developer, and other IT-related position can pursue the BCA degree.
When Should Pursue BCA Course?
Taking the BCA degree after 10+2 is recommended. Students who wish to pursue MCA after the 12th grade can also benefit from this degree. If a student decides to take an MCA degree after completing their high school education, they may opt for the integrated degree of BCA with MCA. It can also be pursued after completing a diploma program. The time has come for you to decide whether this BCA degree course is the right one for your career path.
Types of BCA Course
There is a quick surge in demand for computer and IT specialists. Because of these reasons and many others, BCA has now been organized by many institutes in different teaching modes. Some of the types of BCA education are given as:
Full-Time BCA is an undergraduate study course offered by most Indian institutes for three years. The majority of students in India choose to pursue their BCA degrees full-time. The range of tuition fees in the case of full-time BCA courses is around INR 2 to INR 3 LPA. The requirement to get BCA admission is having a passing certificate of 12th class. The marking requirement is 50% for general and 45% for the scheduled caste candidates. Entrance exams are also conducted at the regional, institute, or national level as admission criteria.
Part-Time BCA is a bachelor’s degree program specifically designed for students who have no access to regular degree courses. The reasons for having difficult access to regular courses may be financial constraints, time management issues, and many others. The part-time BCA has now become the part of study curriculum in many institutes. Many advantages are linked with this kind of learning, and the important one is the equal opportunities it provides to its graduates. The eligibility criteria for part-time BCA admission are not much complicated; it is based on the last degree’s marks.
Online BCA Course
Online BCA is an internet-based learning program. It is also provided at the UG level in many colleges. The duration of online BCA can extend from three years, and it can take a maximum duration of six years for completion. admission is offered through merit, and the marks of students in the 10+2 level are considered. The fee for an online BCA is much lower than a full-time BCA degree program. Some institutes may provide direct admission without any requirements. Many online platforms now offer easy access to the online BCA courses, such as edX, Coursera, etc.
BCA Admission Process 2022
- The admission process of BCA is most similar to the admission of other UG courses. There may be some changes in the overall process, but most of the universities adopt a similar pattern as given below:
- First, the application process is started by notification, and all students then submit their applications for the BCA course.
- In the next step, the entrance exam is conducted by most of the BCA institutes. Such exams may be of the national, regional, or institute level type.
- Some institutes are also there in India do not conduct entrance exams. After the students qualify for the test, a call is made to them for their appearance in the interview.
BCA Eligibility Criteria
The following are the core BCA eligibility rules for the BCA college admission process:
- The Leading BCA Institutions have a basic BCA qualifying criteria of 50 per cent in 10+2 or comparable exam with computer application/computer science as an extra or major discipline.
- admission can also be granted based on intermediate studies in which the major subjects were English or Mathematics.
- The minimum age to enroll in a BCA programme is 18; however, not all colleges demand this. Enrollment in the BCA is open to anybody over the age of 18.
BCA Entrance Exam 2022
Several institutions choose potential candidates based on merit in the Best BCA Admission Test. A few of these admission tests are at the college level, while others are at the national level.
SET: Symbiosis University is the conducting body for the SET entrance exam. For the upcoming admission, the SET exam will be organized in May or June 2022.
IPU CET: IPU CET is an admission test conducted at the university level to offer entries for UG and PG programs in Engineering, Dentistry, Medicine, Management, and Law.
SUAT: Sharda University conducts the SUAT entrance exam each year. It is conducted for BCA as well as for other UG courses. The university will announce the SUAT application process in February 2022.
BUMAT: It is the national level exam and is called as Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test.
GSAT: To pursue BCA admission, students will appear in the entrance exam like GSAT. For appearing in this exam, eligibility of 10+2 is required to be secured by each candidate.
AIMA UGAT: It is an Undergraduate Aptitude Test, which the All India Management Association conducts. The application process for AIMA UGAT 2022 is going to start in February 2022.
BCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
The national or university level BCA entrance exam syllabus may differ, but the major sections are almost the same. BCA entrance exam paper will include sections including Aptitude, LogicalReasoning, General Awareness, and English. There will be a total of 100 MCQs in the paper. Total marks in the paper are 400; the distribution of marks is that every correct answer will grant you four marks, and every wrong answer will deduct your one mark.
BCA Course Admission 2022
- BCA Admission 2022 will be based on the score of the entrance exams. The university can accept the score of regional or national level exams.
- Some institutes will also conduct university-level entrance exams like GGSIPU to provide BBA admission.
- It is expected that the BBA admission will start in March 2022, but the exact date has not been announced yet.
- To secure a BBA seat in your desired college, you will need to have a 12th passed certificate with at least 50% marks.
- The SET, IPU CET, etc., is the entrance exam for BCA admission.
BCA Admission in Mangalayatan University
The registration window is open for admission to the Mangalayatan University BCA programs. The faculty of computer application is inviting aspirants to BCA, BCA Blockchain, BCA Graphic & Gaming AR/VR, and BCA Mobile Computing.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply by reaching out to the Mangalayatan Portal. The registration section includes Full Name, Discipline, Mobile Number, Course, and Email Id.
The registration fee for the Mangalayatan BCA Programs is INR 2,000, and it can be deposited along with the first-semester fee at the time of admission. The aspirants can deposit fees using Internet banking, UPI, or Card (Debit/Credit Card).
Individuals who have passed 12th or equivalent in Maths with a minimum of 50 Percent from any recognised board/institute are eligible for admission.
BCA Admission in Delhi University
Delhi University is the best institute in Delhi, offering multiple UG and PG courses. The DU BCA admission Process 2022 is scheduled to begin online in June 2022. Delhi University organizes an entrance exam to admit students to the BCA program. This university has eligibility criteria for BCA admission based on at least 50% marks in the intermediate. Delhi University provides
BCA in a variety of study specializations across its various campuses. Students can apply to BCA admission 2022 with an application fee of INR 250 and 100 for general and SC/ST students, respectively.
BCA Admission in IPU
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) is offered by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for three years. All courses at Indraprastha University, including BCA, are accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). BCA programmes at Indraprastha University are based on SSC or CET scores, and there is no separate admissions process. Candidates are admitted online and then selected on the basis of a drafted merit list according to their 10+2 and CET scores.
BCA Admission in Symbiosis University
Symbiosis University runs a three years BCA program. The University offers this program for generating professionals in the IT field who can further pursue a heading career. The symbiosis BCA course is divided into six semesters. admission at SU is based on an entrance exam named SET. Each student will need to qualify for the entrance exam and have at least 50% marks in the intermediate level. The university may organize a personal interview and group discussion round after the written test.
BCA Admission in Amity University
Amity University offers a full-time BCA course within a time period of three years. It is taught as a UG degree type course at Amity. The University provides merit-based admission to the applicants, and the BCA eligibility criteria are based on marks obtained in the high school education. The entrance exam score is also considered in most cases. Along with the admission test score, a minimum of 50% aggregate score in the last degree must be secured by a student. BCA is divided into six semesters, and the fee for each semester is INR 945000.
BCA Distance Education Admission
The BCA Distance Education has now become popular after regular BCA courses. When a BCA education is covered in the distance mode, it takes three years to 6 years for its completion. admission are made on a merit basis, and just one needs to have 50% marks in intermediate or equivalent. Distance courses are less expensive than regular courses, such that the average fee of BCA Distance Education is INR 6000 to INR 20000. The Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU Chennai, IGNOU, and others are India’s top Distance BCA colleges.
Distance BCA Admission Process
Distance BCA admission is usually provided by only considering the student’s marks in the 12thlevel qualification. A diploma degree may also be acceptable. Entrance exams are not conducted for distance BCA courses; however, students may be called for interviews.
In IGNOU, BCA admission is conducted in two sessions, and the next session will start in January 2022.
IGNOU BCA Admission
Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU has become the leading institute in India for providing education in the distance mode. Among various distance courses offered by IGNOU, BCA is the choice of many students. IGNOU grants admission only to those students who have completed 10+2 with a great margin of 50% marks out of total marks.
Merit-based admission is usually offered to the students. IGNOU also provides admission based on a diploma degree acquired in any relevant discipline. The average fee of BCA at IGNOU is INR 40000 and is taught within 3 to 6 years. English is used as the medium for teaching BCA courses at IGNOU.
BCA Course Syllabus
After the 12th grade, many students take BCA, a Computer Applications programme. The names of the subjects in the BCA syllabus may change from university to university. Web development, computer basics, database systems, programming languages, and information security are some of the topics in the BCA syllabus.
It also has a lot of subjects that teach programming languages, like Java, HTML, C++, and many more. All of the subjects in the BCA syllabus are set up to teach students the skills needed to work in the field of Information Technology.
BCA Colleges in Delhi
As the nation’s capital, Delhi tends to draw a sizable population of students. There are almost 276 colleges in Delhi offering BCA. Several BCA colleges in Delhi provide enrollment based on merit, whereas others hold particular admission tests. Aspirants can compile a selection of BCA colleges in Delhi separated by ownership, payment system, positions, etc. Some top BCA colleges in Delhi are Jamia Hamdard, Jagan Institute of Management Studies, and soon.
BCA Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai is a hub for higher studies at UG and PG levels. There are almost 16 colleges in Mumbai that are offering the teachings of the BCA program. All of these 16 colleges offer full-time BCA courses. At Mumbai, two colleges are offering part-time BCA, and one college offers the online BCA program.
The mean amount of BCA courses offered in the colleges of Mumbai is about INR 25000 to INR 144000. The top BCA colleges in Mumbai are the National Institute of Management, Amity University, SMT. P.N. Doshi Women’s College, Dr. BMN College of Home Science, etc.
BCA Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore has 146 BCA colleges that are enrolling thousands of students in the BCA courses. 145 are offering full-time BCA courses in these colleges, and the remaining one offers distance BCA studies. For the full-time courses offered in the colleges of Bangalore, the average annual fee varies from INR 55000 to INR 210000. Among 146 colleges, 13 are public, and the other is private colleges.
BCA Colleges in Hyderabad
After Mumbai, Hyderabad has a good number of BCA colleges. There are around seven colleges in Hyderabad that are devoted to BCA studies. Thousands of students are enrolled in these colleges and are pursuing their degrees. The BCA colleges in Hyderabad are charging an annual fee amount ranging from INR 70000 to INR 100000. All of these seven colleges offer full-time BCA studies. Among these, 6 are private colleges, and the remaining 1 is public colleges rendering education for BCA. The Nizam College, K L University, ACME College of Information Technology, and others are the top BCA colleges in Hyderabad.
Be the first to leave a review.