PhD Course: The Ph.D. or Doctoral level degree program duration is two years. Students can study the doctoral level program for a maximum duration of four to six years. Ph.D. is the highest level of degree program offered in a particular stream. The learners can opt for Ph.D. programs in arts, humanities, commerce, science, management, law, and other streams. A degree at the Ph.D. level will help students to gain a profession in the associated background.
In order to get a Ph.D. program admission to the distance, and regular one has to pass the master’s degree from a ugc-approved college or institution. Entrance tests play a significant part in admission to the doctoral level program. We shall get the list of entrance exams further in the article.
A Ph.D. program possesses a course-wise syllabus for both entrance tests and the traditional learning mode of a selected program. The program syllabus has been comprised of a series of units. The course subjects are taught in the following structure: theory, practical, viva, etc. The program includes a core, and elective subjects list where students are taught through the research methodology, tools, formulation, literature review, and more.
After passing the Doctoral or Ph.D. degree from a distance or regular institution in India candidates shall have a tremendous opportunity to either remain in academia or
Find work in the well-honored organizations. Those who wish to continue their academic life can pick any of the options given such as Post-Doctorate, Faculty Member, Adjunct Position, Academia Teaching, and more.
More wide professional options are open for the candidates in the following manner: Entrepreneur, Consultant, Digital Marketing Specialist, Research Associate, etc. The average salary of the professional in the mentioned job profiles can be seen between 7.14 TO 14.2 LPA.
Students can learn about the Doctorate level degree program with the following points will cover such as admission, fee, entrance test, duration, universities/colleges, and much more, by reading the article completely.
PhD Course Highlights
|PhD Full Form||Doctor of Philosophy|
|PhD Duration||3 to 6 Years|
|PhD Course Level||Doctorate|
|PhD Entrance Exam||CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, DBT-JRF|
|PhD Modes||Regular, Online & Part-time|
|PhD Course Fee||Rs 16,000 to Rs 26,000 per year|
|PhD Top Colleges||Delhi University, IPU, BHU, Aligarh Muslim University|
|PhD Salary in India||INR 7.14 LPA to INR 14.2 LPA|
PhD Course Details
- Doctor of Philosophy is the full form of Ph.D.
- A Ph.D. degree is indeed a research doctorate. Throughout all, a Doctor of philosophy curriculum lasts three years, with such a pupil having the option of finishing it in as little as five years.
- Several more things affect the length of the doctorate, including understanding about the research zone, supervisor knowledge, communication skills, quantity of review course, access to resources, research experience, and the significance of this research.
- There is numerous Doctor of philosophy Scholarships awarded in the country that support learners in pursuing their PhD Course aims.
- The procedures or requirements for obtaining a Doctor Of philosophy are Ph.D. Degree prerequisites. This varies from country to country, and the University Grants Commission (UGC) defines the framework for PhD course in India.
- Doctoral degree prerequisites include a post-graduate degree or an MPhil and a valid percentage of 55%.
- Completing university courses, submitting status reports, a synopsis or research proposal, giving a pre-submission demonstration, and then defending the dissertation inside a verbal discussing environment are prerequisites for a Ph.D. program.
- For seeking a Ph.D. degree in Technology and Engineering, a candidate should have a legitimate GATE scoring rate.
- Following the completion of one’s Doctoral degrees, pupils might select among a variety of Doctor of philosophy Employment and make a minimum income of INR 6 to INR 9 LPA.
- The Doctorate of Philosophy programs last 3 years and can last up to 6 years based on the context.
What is PhD course?
The Doctor of Philosophy or Ph.D. is concerned with research activities on a particular topic. Ph.D. programmes are present in 3 modes: full-time, part-time, and web-based.
Doctor of Philosophy is the full form of Ph.D. The word philosophy has nothing to do with the particular topic of philosophy, and the meaning of the word Philosophy is” Lover of Wisdom” and is derived from the Greek language.
The primary mission is to strengthen the line of work whereas introducing innovative theories and concepts. PhD course concentrate on obtaining maximum educational performance and conducting research studies. The Ph.D. programme lasts three years and, therefore, can be lengthened. A student typically accomplishes their Doctor of Philosophy in 5 to 7 years.
Why Study PhD Course?
PhD or Doctor of Philosophy is typically a 3 to 5-year course that if opted by students who have completed their master’s studies and want to pursue their studies. By enrolling in a PhD course, the students get engaged with an environment and atmosphere where they will get to elaborate and learn in brief about a certain discipline.
There are several universities that provide admission to the PhD course under multiple specializations. Every aspirant gets the opportunity for opting the course of their choice and field of interest. By opting for the PhD course, applicants can make their way towards a strong and encouraging career.
In their course curriculum, PhD students will get the opportunity to make a prosperous career in the field they choose as best for them. Since the doctorate course is considered as the highest level of degree that a student can achieve in their career, students will get lots of opportunities to get involved in a job prospect that will help them in bringing a positive change to a task.
Advantages of pursuing PhD course?
- Aspirants who would like to work in academic or scientific studies must undertake a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
- By opting for the PhD course, students will get the opportunity to chase their passion and change the way others look at it. They will get their mindset and skills ready for the challenges that they need to face during their professional career.
- To determine if you are eligible to seek a Ph.D. Course, the person should engage in deep conversations with teachers and previous Ph.D. scholars who can provide good advice.
- Students must research various Doctor of Philosophy projects to gain a reasonable overview of what Doctor of Philosophy degree courses consist of. Just after students have grasped the entire system, they plan to continue a Doctor of Philosophy.
When to pursue a PhD Course?
- When a student completes their master’s degree education, such students can start pursuing a Ph.D. course.
- A Ph.D. degree must be chosen by students when they decide on a particular topic on which they will start research. For this purpose, they must have the right skills to be utilized at every stage of the Ph.D. program.
- Students, while enrolling in a Ph.D. program, must check their capabilities whether they are interested in moving to the research area or not, and this will be a time when you take an essential decision.
Types of PhD Course
In India, there are three modes of Ph.D. courses. They are online Ph.D., full-time Ph.D., and part-time Ph.D.
Full-Time PhD Course
A Full-Time Ph.D. program is a standard Doctor of Philosophy course. The timeframe of such Ph.D. studies varies from 4 to 6 years, and candidates devote most of their concentration and memory to Ph.D. areas of study.
When opposed to other kinds of Doctoral courses, the fee of a full-time Ph.D. program is the maximum. There are three kinds of Ph.D. candidates aspiring to pursue a Full-Time Doctor of Philosophy. Public Support group Beneficiaries, Scholars like Academic Researchers with Instructional Guidance, and Conscience Aspirants are the 3 kinds of Doctor of philosophy researchers.
Part-Time PhD Course
Ph.D. courses can often be completed part-time. Part-time Ph.D. are usually committed to aspirants who collaborate in reputable research groups, education institutions, and sectors near the university.
Part-time Ph.D. candidates must submit a similar range of educational certificates and other prerequisites as regular students, so it takeses 7 to 8 years to finish a doctoral degree.
Individuals pursuing a Part-Time Doctorate would be obliged to visit a restricted amount of sessions. Doctorate candidates pursuing a part-time Doctoral should have a minimum of one year of a professional career and a letter of recommendation from their organization.
Part-time PhD courses are primarily concerned with studies for the advancement of the corporation instead of independent research projects.
Online PhD Course
At the moment, web-based PhD courses are a very prominent research path. The primary goal of online Ph.D. classes is to have advanced learning for PG aspirants and highly skilled workers.
Online PhD Courses have advanced significantly in India in the last few years and are now available in various universities.
University tuition for virtual Ph.D. programmes is about INR 22,000 per subject. Furthermore, numerous academic institutions charge INR 73,000 per student.
PhD Admission Process 2022
Admission to numerous IIT and IIM colleges in India is now accessible. Students interested in pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy in Management at one of India’s IIMs should sign up by January 2022. Numerous IITs in India accept applications for Routine Doctor of philosophy, Exterior Doctorate, Direct, and Section Ph.D. initiatives, including IIT Ropar, which has an application deadline of November of every year.
- Acceptance to Doctoral programs is merit-based and an entry test assessment procedure. The enrolment for both classes, as well as the fundamental entry requirements, is described below.
- PhD Course admittance to leading universities is on a performance basis.
- The academy could request that applicants offer an overview of their proposed study for this purpose.
- This is completed primarily to analyze the applicants, and the successful applicants are alerted at the final step.
- In addition, the applicants must satisfy the minimum enrolment requirement of 50 to 55% in the Post-graduate class.
- Institutional and national entry point exams are held to acknowledge Ph.D. programmes.
- For enrolment in Doctoral programs, a few universities sometimes hold individual interviews in addition to admission tests.
PhD Eligibility Criteria
For PhD courses, there are different eligibility criteria at various institutes. Students need to know all the eligibility requirements of the PhD course at selected institutes before applying.
- To undertake a PhD Course, aspirants should have a Masters’s or a Postgraduate degree.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 50 to 55% of their PG instructional points or test scores from a reputed institute.
- Aspirants with relevant experience in research are valued highly by academic institutions.
PhD Entrance Exam 2022
Ph.D. admittance is based on enrolment to several institutions, and academic institutions respect the result of a nationwide or a university entry exam. The details about some important Ph.D. entrance exams are given as:
UGC NET: UGC NET exam is a national level exam conducted by the UGC for PhD admission, and students who clear their exam get the opportunity to pursue a PhD course at a recognized institution. This exam is conducted by the NA at the national level and is considered the criteria for admission by multiple institutions.
VIT MEE: The Vellore Institute of Technology Master’s Entrance Examination (VITMEE) is an educational establishment aptitude test for admittance to integrated Ph.D. courses and other PG programmes such as M-Tech and MCA. The Vellore Institute of Science and Technology is held once a year and is primarily for enrollment to VIT establishments. The time allotted to students is 2 hours, and the exam mode is online.
GPAT: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test or GPAT is an annual nationwide aptitude test for enrolment to masters in Pharmacy and other comparable coursework such as Incorporated Ph.D.. The National Testing Agency administers the GPAT (NTA). This test is given entirely web-based, and the assessment lasts 180 minutes and is worth 500 points.
PhD Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for Ph.D. admission test includes topics from 12th class, bachelor, and master’s degree levels, such as general aptitude, sciences, mathematics, life sciences, and technology.
PhD Admission 2022
Admission to PhD course has started at many leading Ph.D. institutes in India, including IIT-K, IIM-A & more. The deadline is 31 July 2022 to apply for admission at IIM & IIT for Ph.D.. Entrance exams such as GPAT, NET, and others may be required; however, some universities admit doctoral students based solely on qualifications and individual interviews.
To be able to enroll in the Ph.D. program for the academic year 2022, students must have a total of 50% equivalent grade or comparable grade point average rating in their master’s program. Also, students need to appear for an interview or formative assessments; institutes prepare merit lists after several rounds.
DU PhD Admission
Delhi University, or DU, is among the top universities in Delhi and India, and the NIRF ranked 18th in 2019 and 20th in 2020. The core entry requirements for seeking a Ph.D. degree at DU are a post-graduate and M.Phil. degree having at least an average rating of 55%. This university accepts the UGC NET, JRF, and SLET standardized tests, as well as the universities, possess DU admissions tests. The estimated price of a Ph.D. program at DU is INR 45000.
IGNOU PhD Admission
Ph.D. can also be pursued via distance mode at various institutes. For Ph.D. admissions, students can apply to IGNOU based on merit. It is expected that in January 2022, Ph.D. and various other course admissions at IGNOU will begin.
PhD Admission in IPU
IPU Ph.D. admissions will start soon with an entrance exam announcement. Students will be able to register online for an appearance in the entrance exam. IndraprasthaUniversity conducts the IPU CET exam for Ph.D. and numerous courses. Students will meet the entry criteria of 50% in a post-graduate degree.
Symbiosis University PhD Admission
Symbiosis University Ph.D. admissions are also merit cum entry test types. Every candidate will appear in the exam, and only those who score the highest marks will be selected. Aside from the entry test requirements, some other merit-based requirements must be met. Admissions will be provided at the main campus and other associated institutes.
Amity University PhD Admission
Amity University, Noida is a well-known academic institution with departments everywhere around India. It is unquestionably worthwhile to pursue a Doctoral program in this.
More than 70 different Ph.D. courses are available at the university. To be qualified for this test, aspirants must have an M.Phil. or Postgraduate degree in a specific field with a minimum of 55 percent equivalent grade.
A 6.0 ranking on a 10 spectrum or 66 percent accumulated marks in tenth or twelfth grade will also qualify the applicant to pertain. It is essential to validate admissions tests such as GPAT, GATE, CSIR, DST, ICAR (ASRP), ICMR, and UGC NET. The mean Amity University Ph.D. cost is INR 1.2 LPA.
PhD Distance Education
Ph.D. distance education courses are designed for students who must balance professional and domestic responsibilities while pursuing advanced learning. There are many Universities in the world where Ph.D. distance courses are offered.
Distance PhD Admission Process
- The Ph.D. distance Admission Process is entirely based on merit or either the entrance exam.
- Students must qualify for a master’s degree with at least a 50% score.
- The selected candidates may also take interviews.
IGNOU PhD Distance Education
Doctoral programmes are available at IGNOU in 12 distinct aspects. The Ph.D. extent is the top rank where one can gain knowledge to start creating anything that is not reproduced but rather distinctive. Ph.D. alumni can contribute to the solution of actual issues. As a result, those interested in exploring a Doctorate should take the moment to become Ph.D. students because it will boost their legitimacy.
PhD Course Syllabus
The topics and main themes in the Doctorate Curriculum differ depending on the Ph.D. field and thread chosen. Ph.D. Curriculum topics highlight investigations and relevant applications of the topic, with a hard emphasis on academic concepts. With required courses and electives, the Doctorate subject syllabus covers research tasks and scientific studies, which are presented after the Doctorate class ends..
The curriculum is primarily for 3 years, with a total period of 5 to 6 years. The length of the Doctorate program is determined by the universities and colleges that can provide the class. Students can choose areas of study in science, arts, commerce, technology, etc.
Best PhD Colleges in Delhi
There are multiple academic colleges or universities in Delhi where Ph.D. courses can be accomplished. Some recommended institutes are Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Faculty of Management Studies, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, etc. Among these top institutes, some are public, and some are private, so the fee range varies.
Top PhD Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai is the choice of thousands of students for pursuing their higher education such as Doctor of Philosophy. Students can get admitted to various colleges in Mumbai for this purpose. However, IIT Bombay, ICT Mumbai, TISS Mumbai, MNLU Mumbai, DR. DY PatilUniversity, IIPS Mumbai, Amity University, TIFR Mumbai, IGIDR, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, and many other institution are top PhD colleges in Mumbai..
PhD Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore also has many colleges to pursue the education at the Ph.D. level. Among the all, some are Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, IBS Business School, IBNM Institute of Technology, CMR Institute of Technology, Central University of Karnataka, Institute for Social and Economic Change, and Christ University Department of Tourism Studies. Students can visit the online webpage of these universities for application.
PhD Colleges in Hyderabad
In Hyderabad, students can find many academic institutes where they can take admission for Ph.D. courses. There exist private and public institutes, and the tuition fee is thus varying. Few top Ph.D. colleges in Hyderabad are IIT Hyderabad, University of Hyderabad, Manipal University, NLU Hyderabad, Osmania University, KIMS, MNIT, Maulana Azad National Urdu University Hyderabad, and soon.
Be the first to leave a review.